Previous experience  ¹
- Principal Consultant in Visual Communications, Steer Davies Gleave, London, 1998–2007
- Graphic Designer & Cartographer, Nathaniel Lichfield & Partners, London, 1997–1998
- Senior Graphic Designer & Cartographer, Aylesbury Vale District Council, Bucks, 1989–1997
- Planning & Graphics Technician, Luton Borough Council, Beds, 1988–1989
- Cartographic Artist, Institute of Terrestrial Ecology, Cambs, 1985–1986
Qualifications & memberships  ¹
¹ Organisation names are as they were at the time; some have since changed.
- Fellow of the British Cartographic Society (FBCartS)
- Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society (FRGS)
- MSc › PhD (Human Geography), University of Glasgow, 2020– ²
- MA Design Studies, Central St Martins College of Art & Design, 1997
- BTEC HND in Land Use (Geographical Techniques), Luton College of Higher Education, 1988
² Formal research programme beginning 2020.
- Adobe CC; Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom and InDesign
- Affinity Designer, Photo and Publisher
- ClueTrust Cartographica, Google Earth Pro and Mapbox (GIS/mapping)
- Adobe XD, Brackets, Webflow and WordPress (screen/online)
- Agisoft Metashape (photogrammetry)
- Trimble SketchUp (3D modelling)
Programming languages (developing)
- HTML & CSS
- R Spatial
My broader range of ‘skill sets’ encompass: design strategy, research and management; concept development, detailed design and production; visual audits and design guidance/system development; and wayfinding. I keep abreast of technological developments and new thinking through self-guided tutorials, professional courses and personal research.